Director Staff in Programs and Services
Position Openings for Director Staff in Programs and Services
The Association of Theological Schools is searching for two full-time director staff members to join its expanding Programs and Services group. The expanded group will consist of four directors and three administrative staff members to support the continued improvement and enhancement of theological schools through leadership development. Programs of education, applied research, and data collection and analysis assist administrator, staff, and faculty leaders to develop the knowledge and skills to address current challenges and emerging trends within theological schools. In addition to its existing program of symposia, conferences, workshops, and consultations for administrators and faculty, the Programs and Services group will explore a number of additional means to enhance its range of resources and expand their value and availability to member schools and their constituencies.
The Association seeks to hire persons with faculty and/or administrative experience in a theological school (or schools) who can help the Programs and Services group think creatively and innovatively about its work. The selected individuals should be sensitive to the challenges and opportunities present in higher education, understand the unique landscape of theological education, and share the Association’s commitment to providing the leaders of member schools with information, expertise, and a wide variety of resources.
The following areas of work will be assigned to the two new directors depending on their particular skills and expertise:
Management, analysis, interpretation, and communication of data as well as support to users of data collection instruments
- Student data from Entering Student, Graduating Student, and Alumni/ae Questionnaires
- Institutional data from Annual Report Forms submitted by member schools
- Data from research projects
- Profiles of Ministry program to help students and schools assess issues of formation for ministry
Planning and management of events
- Roundtable seminars for newly appointed and midcareer faculty
- Events at academic guild meetings
- Support of faculty scholarship
Coordination of Lilly Endowment’s “Theological School Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Future Pastoral Leaders” program
- Regular contact with project leaders in 65–70 participating schools
- Planning of gatherings and webinars
- Capturing, interpreting, and disseminating what is learned
Development, implementation, and interpretation of evaluation processes for Programs and Services work
Input to the Innovative Development of Programs and Services Work
Regular consultation with colleagues
- Developing strategies to enhance the relationship between Programs and Services and constituencies
- Exploring ways to improve the effectiveness of Programs and Services in assisting schools and their leaders
The Programs and Services group works collegially for mutual support, collaborative learning, and cooperative planning as well as to develop and implement appropriate goals and evaluative methods that will ensure effectiveness and improvement for these areas of ATS work.
Any person interested in applying for either of these two positions is invited to submit a letter of application, highlighting the areas of work to which s/he is particularly well-suited, along with a current CV to
Stephen R. Graham
Senior Director of Programs and Services
The Association of Theological Schools
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Alternatively, applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Nominations for the positions are also being accepted.