ATS Logo Policy
The logo of The Association of Theological Schools (ATS) represents a “brand” through which the Association and the Commission on Accrediting are known worldwide. As such, it
serves as a recognizable identity of our organization to our member schools and to the public. Establishing and sustaining a strong brand is essential. Therefore, The Association of
Theological Schools permits use of its logo by member schools according to the following guidelines:
Accredited member schools
The full logo may be used for acknowledgement of a school’s accredited status and/or approval of a school’s degree programs, providing the following terms are adhered to
[see below for use of logo by ATS Associate Members not having accredited status]:
- The logo shall be used solely for the purpose of identifying a member school’s accredited status and/or approval of its degree programs by the Commission on Accrediting of
The Association of Theological Schools. Additional uses require separate permissions.
- Verbiage: The logo must be accompanied with text to indicate the accrediting agency name is the Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools. Please remember
that schools are accredited and degree programs are approved.
- The logo shall not be altered in any manner, including typeface, proportions, or text elements. It is not permitted to be compressed, extended, slanted, or distorted in its perspective or
- Nothing else shall be incorporated into the logo, including but not limited to other logos, icons, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, symbols, audio files, or
- The logo may be resized proportionally.
- The logo may be shaded with an appropriate color that enhances its appearance against the surrounding colors with which it will be displayed.
- When used in electronic applications such as websites, the logo shall be linked to the ATS website, http://www.ats.edu. When used in print publications, care should be taken to
ensure the quality of all printed material bearing the ATS logo.
Associate member schools
Associate Members may use the Association-only logo (or the acronym-only logo) and should list the accompanying statement with it: [Name of School] is an Associate Member of The
Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS), but not an Accredited Member with the ATS Commission on Accrediting.
The Association of Theological Schools reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or modify permission to display the ATS logo at any time.