The annual ATS Development Officers' Conference was held in Jacksonville, Florida, February 18–19, and included those serving in institutional advancement, alumni/ae relations, planned giving, annual fund giving, donor relations, marketing, and communications.
Working closely with school leaders, development officers perform an essential function that calls for high energy and innovative approaches. Through their participation with the Development and Institutional Advancement Program (DIAP), development officers benefit from sharing best practices and peer networking. Engage ATS (a new online interactive community for those who serve at ATS member schools), annual conferences, webinars, and other resources focus on administration and management strategies, assessment plans, legal issues, and personal concerns as well as the four basic areas of institutional advancement: the annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, and capital campaigns.
Here are several professional organizations ATS development officers have found useful:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Association of Lutheran Development Executives
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Certified Fund Raising Executive International
- Generosity Monk
- Gonser Gerber, LLP
- Mission Advancement Professionals
- National Association of Charitable Gift Planners